Director of Integrated Marketing - Ad Sales
MIT Technology Review is seeking a Director, Integrated Marketing to support our rapidly growing sales organization and play a central role in the evolution of our ad product portfolio.
This person will have deep knowledge of the technology, business and media landscape – and will use this knowledge to create first-to-market ideas and captivating sales material that reflect MIT Technology Review’s culture, voice, and world-class journalism.
This individual will be efficient, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a startup-like environment under tight deadlines. He/she will forge relationships with a variety of teams and stakeholders and develop processes to efficiently leverage the right personnel for each project. He/she will work with sales to translate and communicate client needs across the organization, with the goal of creating best-in-class advertising programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Write, design, and develop integrated marketing proposals with a focus on innovative, boundary-pushing ideas.
- Use data, insights, and research to craft persuasive stories that support the programs proposed.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with sales to answer incoming RFPs.
- Regularly gather feedback on client proposals to understand necessary changes to improve future campaigns.
- Devises initiatives aimed at the promotion of MIT Technology Review’s thought-leadership business unit and at the dissemination of its output.
- Coordinate cross functionally to loop in appropriate personnel and ensure materials are delivered quickly and incorporate the best of what MIT Technology Review has to offer.
- Liaise with MIT Technology’s Review’s editorial team on a regular basis to create proactive opportunities.
- Work to expand the existing MIT Technology Review ad product portfolio based on sales feedback and advertiser need.
- Iterate MIT Technology Review’s general pitch based on the evolution of the brand.
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in integrated marketing at a technology or business publication.
- Acumen for pitch presentation flow and an ability to combine ideas and research to craft a compelling story.
- Strong background in design.
- Excellent writing and presentation-development skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of the media landscape.
- Passion for technology and a deep knowledge of its effect on business.
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.Apply