Email Marketing Specialist
The Email Marketing Specialist at MIT Technology Review will ensure the right content gets to the right customer at the right time. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of email marketing best practices, will be a proactive team player, and have a strong sense of personal accountability. You’ll be part of a highly energetic and talented group of professionals who will involve and include you on a variety of business growth initiatives. Once you have mastered your production responsibilities you will have the opportunity to own several projects that directly impact the bottom line.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Handle the creative design, delivery, customer list creation and segmentation, personalization and messaging, delivery, scheduling, reporting for all email marketing communications.
- Create, test and troubleshoot email and landing page templates and operational set ups
- Build and execute, data-driven email marketing campaigns throughout the customer journey – including onboarding, retention, remarketing, –and highly targeted recurring promotional mailings
- Manage the email database and workflows to ensure data integrity, including GDPR, CAN-SPAM and CASL compliance.
- Work with the marketing leadership to analyze current email marketing campaigns to recommend improvements and develop effective strategies.
- Serve as an in-house expert of our third-party email software application (MailChimp)
- Collaborate with internal technical team to ensure proper sending infrastructure of emails and consistent delivery of internal advertisements.
- Coordinate with other members of the editorial, events, marketing and creative teams to stay on top of deadlines to ensure all email campaigns go out correctly and on time.
- Manage content, segmentation and mailing creation – in Blueconic (CDP) and MailChimp (marketing automation platform).
- Grow overall consumer revenue from email marketing efforts
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Reports directly to the Director of Digital Marketing and Communications
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in email marketing management and direct marketing.
- Basic skills and working knowledge of HTML and CSS with a hunger to learn more.
- Understanding of email marketing and landing page best practices and optimization techniques.
- Experience making data-driven decisions using analytics, A/B testing, and campaign reports and dashboards.
- Exceptional combination of tactical thinking and hands-on execution, including structing automated campaigns.
- Strong understanding of data management and data exchange concepts, a plus.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an energetic team in a rapidly evolving environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Expert-level attention to detail.
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.Apply