Sales Manager, New York
MIT Technology Review (www.technologyreview.com) is seeking a Sales Manager to build and grow relationships with clients across all categories in the Northeast territory. By closing business and achieving sales goals, this position will support MIT Technology Review’s mission, which is to equip our audience with the intelligence to understand a world shaped by technology. This is a full-time position, based in New York, reporting to the Vice President for Sales who resides in San Francisco, CA.
MIT Technology Review is pursuing its mission by publishing smart, authoritative, literate, originally reported journalism and useful information in a variety of beautifully designed media, and by producing thought-provoking events that make that journalism live and breathe on stage and in videos. We are looking for a results-oriented, energetic, and hard-working sales manager to support our growth strategy. The successful candidate will be able to work closely with clients and agencies to deliver compelling marketing strategies through the sale of integrated, cross-channel solutions including digital, print, native, event sponsorship, and custom work. He/she will be relentless about hunting for new business.
- Maximize sales to companies located in the Northeast territory with a national and global focus, through MIT Technology Review’s suite of solutions
- Manage account list with monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Actively identify and generate prospects using both internal and external resources
- Confident sales manager with well-honed interactive and integrated ad sales skills
- Strong sales development and account management skills
- Minimum 3-years of online advertising sales experience, preferably in a technology-publishing environment. Print sales experience a plus
- Established relationships with technology companies that allow the presentation of integrated advertising opportunities
- Independent and resourceful, yet committed to being a team player by sharing accounts and information with colleagues
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to business
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software; working knowledge of Salesforce.com
MIT Technology Review offers an intellectually charged, creative work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
To apply: please visit jobs.mit.edu, job ID 14094. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
About MIT Technology Review
MIT Technology Review is an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The oldest technology magazine in the world (established 1899), MIT Technology Review’s mission is to promote the understanding of emerging technologies and to analyze their commercial, economic, social, and political impacts on society, government, businesses, academic institutions, and individuals. Our goal is also to assist business and technology leaders—CTOs, senior technologists, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists—in shaping markets and driving the global economy.Apply