Senior Front-end Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Front-end Engineer to join our product development team at MIT Technology Review, an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
You’ll join a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers responsible for developing Technology Review’s desktop and mobile products.
• Develop the front-end for mobile and desktop experiences
• Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
• Integrate with, and potentially extend, backend APIs
• Contribute to architecture decisions that set the course for the user experience and how we manage content
Requirements and Qualifications
• B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Background in implementing the UI for large-scale sites or web-based applications across platforms and browsers
• Intimate understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for various quirks
• Ability to define and communicate point-of-view on how the client-side code is structured and organized
• HTTP API driven infrastructure separates the client (technologyreview.com) and the content management system
• In-house PHP backend with a custom editing interface creates and structures articles
• HTTP API serves structured JSON to a front-end client built with Node.js + Hapi, and hosted on Heroku
• Redis is used for object caching
Please visit careers.mit.edu, job code ref. 13194.
Please include the following in your submission:
• A link to where we can see some of your code. We’re interested in quality over quantity.